Monday, January 12, 2009

Some things just take on a life of their own.

Hi. Now this is what I call relaxing. Working on something for the simple joy of wanting to do it. What started off as a simple gift has blossomed into a full blown Project. When I finished piecing the original idea together I decided that it was just a bit too thin. I didn't want to add batting to it, because I didn't want it to end up bunching and becoming lumpy. I decided to sandwich the purple layer between the red/yellow/black layer and a layer of denim patches. I always have plenty of denim patches around,  so I grabbed a huge handful and set to work piecing it out. As I worked, I realized that I was creating a jigsaw puzzle of randomly shaped and placed scraps. The rag-tag aesthetic took over, and I could no more stop what was forming in front of me than I could stop breathing. I am rather excited about it, and cannot wait until I have it finished. I cannot help but feel a small blushing flush of pride, because I am extraordinarily happy with how it is coming along. 

2 comments:

Betty BeadBug said...

I think it looks great.

boo said...

Thanks. ^_^ I can't wait until I have it finished. I don't know why I should be surprised, this always happens when I sit down to make a blanket. It's so easy to get carried away! *snicker*